Friday, July 4, 2014

Thank you again, Home & Decor!

"The one thing that you have that nobody else is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can", - Neil Gaiman.


So happy to receive a lovely surprise in the first morning of my July! Would like to share with you another article about me and my little business in Now People, Home & Decor magazine, June 2014. I consider my self a lucky person for being able to create my own creative output, have fun with it and at the same time make money from. To be honest, my experience as a new mother was truly an eye opener, my daughter is my inspiration. I keep wanting to create and produce something useful that i would use around the house, and my dream is to share that to other homes, other families. I personally think it is important how you project your brand to the world, it should reflect your mission and vision. 

For me, since the beginning i knew i didn't want to just sell my products, i want my brand to inspire, to have added values. That is why giving back to community is only a small part of the brand activity that we here, in Chic & Darling is doing. We will expand and hopefully have bigger range of home living goods that serves lots and lots of homes. My story is mine to keep and mine to share. I am happy that perhaps our brand has inspired other new business owner to start their own, especially in the home living industry. I strongly encourage new business owners to find their own story, create their own unique style, figure out what works and what doesn't on their own terms. If you fail, get back up and try again. Although i believe what they say, "copying is the best form of flattery", but it is still not cool. So be creative, tickle yourself!

No matter how hard you copy others, you will not be like them because you are you and others ARE others. It is not the same. In my humble opinion, God has given us the best of human potential. Might as well make the most of our lives by living the life we want, because we all, owe that to ourselves. 

Thank you for reading i hope you enjoy what i shared today :)

Stay kind, be humble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment